W2 (Compunnel) Scrum Master/ Mortgage Specialist
Global Banking Technology (GBT) is a dynamic and fast-paced area within the Firm’s WM Technology Division. We are responsible for creating innovative technology solutions for the Private Banking Group (PBG), one of the strategic growth areas of the Firm, providing cash management and lending products and services to our WM clients. This includes state-of-the-art technology for a nationwide network of Private Bankers and product specialists who work with Financial Advisors to provide access to products and services such as online banking, cards, deposit products, residential mortgages, securities-based loans and tailored lending. If you are an exceptional individual who is interested in solving complex problems and building sophisticated solutions in a dynamic team environment, GBT is the place for you.
The selected candidate will become a member of the Mortgages group as Program Manager across multiple initiatives and Scrum Master for Agile Projects. The individual must be comfortable balancing multiple team/stakeholder expectations and varying levels of experience within the team.The ideal candidate will have mortgage origination experience, knowledge of Agile principles and ceremonies, and be able to clearly and effectively track and report on team/work progress. The candidate should exhibit a pragmatic approach to ensure the team can deliver on commitments while in alignment with Morgan Stanley Agile practices. In addition, the individual will be responsible for vendor management of the 30+ vendors in the Mortgages area and will be coordinating the internal and regulatory audits.
This role will report directly to the Executive Director (Mortgages Lead). Responsibilities partner with the Executive Director to:
• Plan the delivery of the overall Mortgage program and its activities.
• Develop and implement long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program.
• Vendor management, including management of security remediation, BCP/DR testing, and application upgrades.
• Coordination of internal audits and regulatory (e.g., OCC, CFPB) exams.
• Serve as an Agile Scrum Master leading the Agile development process; responsibilities include
• Build Plan ownership, Sprint Planning, hosting of daily scrum calls, and managing the defects/blockers in the sprint process.
• Promote Agile culture, values, behaviors, and principles within the development team and client organization.
• Plan and conduct Agile meetings/ceremonies (e.g., Daily Stand Up, Sprint Planning, Sprint Review, Sprint Retrospective, etc.).
• Create a collaborative team environment and provide constructive feedback in order to drive Agile maturity.
• Review and manage backlog items to ensure the latest work status is captured and updated as appropriate.
• Maintain team metrics and report project and program statuses (e.g., velocity/burn down charts, financial status, issues/risks, etc.) on a regular basis to the project team, Product Owner, and to senior stakeholders.
• Coordinate project activities (e.g., sprint planning and execution, documenting risks and issues, reporting financials, etc.) and balance workload for onshore and offshore development managers, developers, and Product Owners.
• Identify and implement continuous improvement opportunities to improve Agile performance.
• Partner with Agile Coaches to identify and implement team Agile training requirements.
• Minimum 5-10 years in a large complex banking organization or major consulting organization acting in a formal project management capacity.
• Technical project background in integration, development, testing, and/or infrastructure.
• Ability to develop full-scale project plans and associated communication documents; including identifying and managing project dependencies and critical path.
• Experience estimating resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Ability to proactively manage change in project scope, identify potential issues, and devise contingency plans.
• Detail oriented, organized, self-motivated, and ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
• Ability to effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
• Excellent relationship management, communication, teamwork, and influence skills; ability to operate at senior levels in both written and verbal communications.
• Residential mortgage origination experience.
• Highly versed in various development methodologies; especially Agile software development.
• Strong familiarity with Agile project management software/tools (e.g., JIRA, etc.).
• Proficient with MS Office applications: Excel, MS Project, Visio, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Certified Scrum Master (CSM) certification
• PMP certification.
39 total views, 1 today